Master of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship
Study Area(s): Science
Scholarship Level: Master’s by coursework; All postgraduate
Closing Date(s): Applications accepted any time.
Tenure: One year
Award for: International
The Ferrier Research Institute is offering eligible international candidates the opportunity to apply for a
scholarship to do a taught Master’s programme, the Master of Drug Discovery and Development at Victoria
University of Wellington.
The scholarship is open to all qualifying international students. International students refers to students who
do not have New Zealand residency and who are not New Zealand citizens. Applicants must meet
programme-specific eligibility criteria and University eligibility criteria. Applicants must obtain a suitable visa
in order to study in New Zealand. The scholarship becomes payable on enrolment and must be used against
tuition fees only.
Holders of this scholarship will be expected to work on a research project under supervision of a Ferrier
Research Institute staff member, on a project approved by the Director of the Ferrier Research Institute, or his
delegated nominee. Selection criteria include academic performance, publications and/or conference
proceedings, referee reports, and any other tangible demonstration of academic or research ability.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in Chemistry or a relevant life science subject such as Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or other relevant subject, with an average of at least a B+ in 300-level Chemistry.
- Applicants must be intending to enrol in a taught Master’s programme (Master of Drug Discovery and Development) at Victoria University of Wellington.
Applications will be accepted at any time, and reviewed on an ad-hoc basis.
Applicants should submit their applications by email to Simon.Hinkley@vuw.ac.nz, including copies of complete academic transcripts, degree certificates, CV (including the contact details of at least two academic referees who are familiar with the candidate, e.g. university lecturers at 300 level or higher, supervisors of research projects, etc), letter of motivation and referee reports (at least one from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate).
Scholarship specific documentation
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- A CV
- A letter of motivation
- Two referee reports (at least one from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate)
- Successful candidates will be chosen by a selection panel of relevant Ferrier Research Institute staff.
- Selection criteria include academic performance, publications and/or conference proceedings, referee reports, and any other tangible demonstration of academic or research ability.
For more information please email: Simon.Hinkley@vuw.ac.nz,