THE RHODES TRUST SCHOLARSHIP
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full-time, postgraduate award that enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Rhodes Scholars come to the UK for two or more years and can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by Oxford University.
WHAT DOES THE RHODES SCHOLARSHIP COVER
The Rhodes Scholarship covers:
Oxford University course fees
An annual stipend ( from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation)
Cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
Cover the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS).
Cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
Settling in allowance and for those Scholars who transition to the second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.
Wow!! From the above explanation, you can see that this is a fully funded scholarship!!
There is no such thing as a ‘type’ when considering who gets selected for a Scholarship. In fact, the strength of the Scholarship comes from its diversity.
The criteria which determined the first Rhodes Scholars in 1902 still guide us today:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness, and fellowship
- the moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
Selection is made without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
We are looking for young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
HOW TO APPLY:
Carefully read the following in order to apply.
2. The first thing you will be asked is your country. Select your country and click check your eligibility
3. You will see that your constituency will be detected automatically. From there, you will be asked six questions (your nationality, your education, your age criteria, your academic achievement, and your English language criteria) in order to further check your eligibility. Make sure you select the right ones that apply to you. As for the English proficiency examination, I advise you to select yes! The pictural description is shown below:
4. Once you answered all the questions, click continue. If you are eligible, you will be taken to where you can apply.
You can begin the application steps here: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/applications/